This land is located in Turbot Township, Northumberland County, PA. The tract was sold in 1801 to George Hammond, father of Elizabeth (Hammond) Cadwallader. She was the wife of Seth Cadwallader of Milton. Lt. David Hammond was a brother to George Hammond. After George died in 1830, his children sold the property to Gen. Robert Hanna Hammond, their cousin, and a son of Lt. David Hammond.